A profile of the services I offer
The first thing I do is to listen!
Each Client will be looking for a solution to their unique requirements, and I make every effort to define what is wanted in order to satisfy those needs.
My services are completely flexible, and I will provide as much or as little assistance as necessary. The full scope of my professional expertise is set out below, but this may be considered a ‘menu’ from which you may pick the stages you desire.
- Preparation of measured dimensional surveys of buildings, or arranging for land surveys.
- Discussions to determine Client requirements, the ‘brief’, which is used to begin design. This may include meetings or discussions with Local Authorities or the Mairie and DDE in Stage B in the RIBA plan of work, part stage APS in France.
- Preparation of design options or alternatives, for consideration by the client. Stage C in UK, part stage APS in France, then stage APD.
- Preparation of design proposals for submission to the Planning Authorities for Statutory Consents. In the UK these are generally planning and building regulation approvals, in France generally permis de construire.
Stages D and E in UK, stage DPC in France.
- Preparation of construction documentation in the form of drawings and schedules of work or specifications, to allow pricing by contractors. Negotiation of construction prices.
Stages F, G, H in UK, stages PCG and AMT in France.
Contract management and construction inspections, valuation and certification.
Stages J and K in UK, stages PGC and AMT in France.
- All stages of work may be undertaken in part, as part of other services or in isolation as may be required by the Client. Every project is unique, and I will vary the scope and detail of each work stage as may be necessary.
My professional responsibilities are to provide my Clients with all guidance necessary from initial design to completion of the building. This must be in response to the Client’s brief, which will comprise physical, aesthetic and budgetary requirements.
During the construction process, my responsibility will be to ensure that the works are undertaken in a safe and practical manner by competent builders, periodically monitoring the work to ensure that it complies with the specification and drawings describing the design.
Some of the work undertaken in the past five years:
- Mas des Vignes, Oms, Pyrenees Orientales – New Villa
- The Long Barn, Henfield – Cart shed style extension to Listed Barn
- 58 Abbey Lodge, London NW8 – Flat refurbishment
- Blundens Farm Henfield- extension to Listed Farmhouse
- Antrobus Rd,Ealing – Design for 6 flats
- Lower Faircox, Henfield – Extension to detached house
- Church Rd, Partridge Green -Extension and Conservatory
- St Georges Place, Hurstpierpoint – Large extension
- Sprocketts Lane, Warninglid – Garage conversion/Extension
- Le Castellet, Villefranche – Design for large villa on the Cote d’Azur
- Atlantic Airpark, Charente – Villa with aircraft hangar
- The Crest, Balcombe – Design for large extension
- Kennington Rd, London – Comprehensive refurbishment
- La Bataille, nr Poitiers – Roof space conversion
- The Greyhound, Wadhurst – Listed Coach house conversion
- Courtmead Rd,Cuckfield – New entrance hall & porch
- Station Rd, Henfield – New kitchen/sitting room extension
- Chateau de la Vialle, Limoges – Survey and Consultancy
- Fieldlands Farm, Albourne Rd, Henfield – Large barn style extension
- Rue des Saules, Llauro – Village house refurbishment
- Verthemex, nr Chambery – Design for large country house
- High St, Finchley – Conversion of two flats above shop
- 73 Eaton Place, London – Basement Flat refurbishment
- Heene Terrace, Worthing – Flat extension in Listed Building
- Lancaster Cottages, Henfield – Two storey extension
- Chateau de Limatge, Toulouse – Survey/Design advice
- St Marsal, Pyrenees – Design for new villa in mountains
- Lange, nr Valencay – Refurb cottage/design for new extension
- Molitg les Bains, nr Prades – Design for two village houses
- Carrer del dos Porxos, Llauro – Village house refurbishment
- Massos, nr Mezin – Conversion of old ruin to Maison de M’itre
- Grand Madieu,Champagne Mouton – Barn conversion to house
- La Chapelle d’Abondance – Design for 8 ski chalets
- Josselin, Morbihan – Commission for new house
- Home Farm, The Street, Washington – Extension to Farmhouse
- Forest Ridge, Balcombe – Major extension and alterations
- Hauts de Vinas, Lod’ve – New Villa
- 58 – 88 High Street, Dorking – Town Centre development
- Fieldlands Farm, Albourne – Large extension to Farmhouse
- Washington Village Hall – Extensions and Alterations
- Terrain Molas, Llauro – Two new villas
- Massos near Mezin – Large manor house conversion
- Field Place Cottage, Compton – Extension with conservatory
- Terrimbo, Cerbere – New Villa
- La Forge del Mitg, Pyrenees Orientales – major refurbishment
- Pondcroft, West End Lane, Henfield – House extension
- 225 – 227 Royal College Street, Camden – Five flats
- Les Pountets, Malvi’s near Limoux – New Villa
- Clayton House, Cuckfield – new kitchen, dining room
- 7 avenue Guillabert, Antibes – comprehensive refurbishment
- Catsfold Farm, Henfield – extensive alterations and conversions
- Peter’s Brae, Danehill – new house
- The Old School, Wivelsfield – residential conversion
- Rue d’en Haut, Martainneville – new house
- Pippins, Bolney – large extension
- Highbridge, East Chiltington – external refurbishment
- The Oak House, Henfield – extension to kitchen and hall
- Caritas, Henfield – large extension with green room